1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Default Collection for Imported Photos

Discussion in 'Lightroom 1-6 for Windows & Mac (perpetual)' started by JoeLightroom, Jan 10, 2017.

1. JoeLightroom

JoeLightroom New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    I am using Lightroom CC 2015.8 on a Mac and Lightroom Mobile and would like to have all photos I import from my camera's memory card into my LR desktop catalog be automatically available on my iPad. It already works well when I add the imported photos to a Synchronized Collection, but I cannot find anywhere to set a default Collection for imports. I see the checkbox for "Add to Collection" in the import dialog, but it must be checked every time I import files. Is there a way to permanently set this? I am not talking about Develop Presets. I can setup an Input Preset to do this, but cannot set a default Input Preset either. Any suggestions for my workflow? Thanks in advance!

2. tspear

tspear Senior Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Yes, on the bottom of the import dialog is an option to save the settings.
    This will include the collection, application of presets...

3. ParkerPhoto

ParkerPhoto New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Some of the other options available, during import, are sticky. I have "build smart previews" selected and every time I re-import, it's still checked. Not sure why this isn't an option for "add to collection". As "tspear" mentioned, create a preset of all your settings.