Default Avatar changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the before/after you're seeing Louie? They should be showing a tie for men, a collar for women, and plain for those who haven't specified.

I didn't remember what the former "default" avatars looked like, but @LouieSherwin is probably seeing what I am, i.e. simple male/female signs or a question mark. So, yes. Something has happened here. Perhaps @Victoria Bampton needs to clear her browser cache to see the change?
lrforums_avatars.png

I'm seeing exactly what Victoria describes (plus a pony tail for the girls!), and have been since (I think) the forum changed software.

Dave

I think something has changed. I'm also seeing the old avatars....yesterday I was still seeing the "current" set, but after clearing the cache this morning I'm now seeing the old ones.

Well, there you go. I used a different browser on my Android tablet and, yes, the old defaults.

Dave

I'm curious which people mean by "old defaults"... but I assume that is what I showed in my screenshot (#3)? I'm guessing that is the software default and that @Victoria Bampton (as site admin) chose custom avatars, but perhaps they were lost during an upgrade of the forum software.

I've been in touch with Victoria, she will fix the issue as soon as she gets back to her computer.

I did not even notice the change.... :D
Only avatars I noticed where the custom ones.

Yup, a mishap in the forum software update earlier in the week. Custom avatars are now uploaded again, but you might still see the default ones until you clear caches. Thanks for the heads-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back