• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

D7200 and LR6 Camera Calibration setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewder

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello,

I'm curious what users of the D7200 do in terms of the Camera Calibration settings in LR. Do you use Camera or Adobe standard?

I'm trying to find a good combination of settings to improve the overall "vibrance and clarity" of my photos on initial import. Of course some fine tuning is necessary for certain photos, but I'm curious what others do on initial import.

Any favorite setting combination suggestions are greatly appreciate. Also any tips on "what the pros do" in terms of the Camera Calibration setting also appreciated.

//Brew

Camera Standard , Camera Neutral etc are reverse engineered picture controls that Adobe has developed to mimic the in camera Picture Controls that the in camera image processor applies to the in camera generated JPEGs and thumbnails. "Adobe Standard" is Adobe's interpretation of the best rendering for images from your camera. Most people that Shoot RAW choose one that appeals to their sense of appreciation of what renders the best image. My setting is Camera Neutral which IMO does not over process the image before I get it into Develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back