critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbb

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
hi
can anyone recommend a free critique site, the 2 thinks i always need to know are what tweaks are needed to bring the best out in a photo, and which photos may appeal to potential buyers [before i go and put them all up on Etsy] although i daresay i''ll learn the latter in time
thanks

thanks , will head over there now

unfortunately u need a c/card to get anywhere on that site, so am still looking

unfortunately u need a c/card to get anywhere on that site, so am still looking
No that is not true.
The forums are open and free - and that is what you want.

Tony Jay

Not sure why this forum could not have such a section; the idea of a 'show your edits' section was considered but ... :cry: . However members will need a thicker skin than those on Face(less)book:giggle: .
So many cannot handle the honest truth that their photos and editing is :poop: or at least not perfect.
Maybe Victoria is too clever to get into those 'hurt my feelings' dramas; and I don't blame her for that!

thanks ,will return there and look, i assume u dont have to be a member of the site cause thats the stumbling block with CC's

ok, just looked again and u cant log in to the forum without membership which is paid [but cheap]. the thing is when theyve just started charging and its that cheap it [$1 pm] it probably means they are just sticking their toes into the water to see how much people are willing to pay, then upping the price.

ive seen such sites in the past and could probably find them again but would prefer a recommendation as forums can have many problems.

i'd like to think im too practical to worry about needing a thick skin, anyway i'm not going to be buying my own work, the people out there [criticisms and all] are, hopefully

Last edited:
it probably means they are just sticking their toes into the water to see how much people are willing to pay, then upping the price.
It probably doesn't. I suspect that it's a way to keep the spammers out, or at least to mightily discourage them.

Have a look at Cambridge in Colour. Cambridge in Colour Forums and see what you think.

Dave

just had a look, my favorite technical photo site too. for some reason id completely forgotten about their forums, it seems they run continuous comps with critique afterwards. just waiting for my new email confirmation and i will enter a comp...thanks.

am still interested in other critique sites

Good luck, most sites tend to be "Good job" echo chambers of mutual support; getting real thoughtful critique is tough. If you find good sights, please come back and mention it here.

That's why I mentioned Cambridge in Colour. In general, if you are clear about what you are trying to achieve with your image, you will get constructive feedback .

Dave

Good luck, most sites tend to be "Good job" echo chambers of mutual support; getting real thoughtful critique is tough. If you find good sights, please come back and mention it here.
yes i bet they are, but id settle for some grumpy sod who is knowledgeable in such matters and whos main event of the day is to pull apart someones image. after all its not like im going have to see him face to face. when i was a kid our photo club had a traveling/guest competition guy who did that in bulk. the club fired him in the end

That's why I mentioned Cambridge in Colour. In general, if you are clear about what you are trying to achieve with your image, you will get constructive feedback .

Dave
yeah soon as they let me in, waiting for conformation email

ok, just looked again and u cant log in to the forum without membership which is paid [but cheap]. the thing is when theyve just started charging and its that cheap it [$1 pm] it probably means they are just sticking their toes into the water to see how much people are willing to pay, then upping the price.

ive seen such sites in the past and could probably find them again but would prefer a recommendation as forums can have many problems.

i'd like to think im too practical to worry about needing a thick skin, anyway i'm not going to be buying my own work, the people out there [criticisms and all] are, hopefully
There is something wrong here.
I am a member of Luminous Landscape and it does not cost me a cent.
The $1 a month thing is for access to paid content that does NOT include the forum.
The forum has ALWAYS been free.

Tony Jay

There is something wrong here.
I am a member of Luminous Landscape and it does not cost me a cent.
The $1 a month thing is for access to paid content that does NOT include the forum.
The forum has ALWAYS been free.

Tony Jay
Out of curiousity I went to the forums and clicked register and got the $1/mo requirement also.

There's a very clear statement
  • FREE - User Forum. One of the most read user forums on the internet
but I tried a bunch of register buttons without finding a way to get anything free.

Out of curiousity I went to the forums and clicked register and got the $1/mo requirement also.

There's a very clear statement
  • FREE - User Forum. One of the most read user forums on the internet
but I tried a bunch of register buttons without finding a way to get anything free.
I will investigate further...

Tony Jay

So far as I know, anyone can browse the forums for free, but to post you have to register and pay your $1 a month.

Dave

That has never been the case - like I said I have NEVER paid a cent and I post regularly on the forum!

Tony Jay

thanks for sharing; never seen or heard of that mob so will be looking in.
yes u'll like them , the tech articles are very clearly written and go into depth

I have confirmed with Chris Sanderson, one of the owners and moderators of the Luminous Landscape site that the forum is free - no money needs to change hands.

I think the problem may be that people are trying to access the main site rather than the forum.
Try to go the forum - there is a link - and register from there...

Tony Jay

I have confirmed with Chris Sanderson, one of the owners and moderators of the Luminous Landscape site that the forum is free - no money needs to change hands.

I think the problem may be that people are trying to access the main site rather than the forum.

Tony Jay

Tony Jay
i tried that first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back