• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Correcting Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob

Has anyone used AUTO WB with any success? Is there any numbers for RGB that can be used to determined proper skin tone? I know in Photoshop using CMYK if the Y is 5 or 6
Percent higher then M the skin tone should look good. I am color blind so I rely on the numbers and my wife. I also have a plug-in called skin tone. It helps determine good skin tone. Lightroom is a visual program it’s hard for me to tell if the color is correct. Does anyone have any ideas on how to tell if color is right? Bob

One day, wanting some grass being removed in my garden, I painted a trace of the pattern with fluorescent-orange (like they do for roadworks) to show my wife' son where to cut. Coming to check later, I saw him cutting feets away!!! Then I knew he was color blind. So, I understand your problem...

There are no magic numbers and flesh color is far from the same from one person to the next. That said, THERE IS A SOLUTION for you! :D

Go at the photographer's store and buy a "Gray Card". Then, when taking photos, either include the grey card in the frame or take a picture of it alone for the first shots. And do not forget to redo each time the lighting conditions change. As for the setting on camera, set WB to auto.

Once your images are imported in Lightroom, select all images taken under a given same lighting condition (from first gray card shot to before the next), pick the EyeDropper tool above left of the "Temp" "Tint" and just click on the gray card in you image.

Even if you are working in Lightroom wearing Pink eyeglasses, you will be spot on! ;)

Correct color

Denis,
Thanks for the reply. I do use a gray card when I'm shooting. My problems is when I edit weddings for other photographers. I suggest they use gray card but it rarely happens. Just thought there might be help out there. Bob

Denis,
Thanks for the reply. I do use a gray card when I'm shooting. My problems is when I edit weddings for other photographers. I suggest they use gray card but it rarely happens. Just thought there might be help out there. Bob
Ah! For other photographers...

Well, in this case, use the white dresses just like a gray card. This will work unless the bride is wearing a tinted dress. Or use flowers you know white, napkins, tablecloths...

Of course you could sit down and work out what the RGB-16-bit-% equivalent is for the CMYK numbers you usually use, and then you can still work by the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back