Colors or preset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNamexs

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hello guys! Im a beginner photographer at clubs. I run my Nikon d5200 with sigma lens manual with a extended flash. I also use a Lightroom and i want to find presets for night photography but nowhere i cant find free.
Also is there a possible way to make colors at the picture looking more reallistic? Something like that Capture
Is there any preset for it? Or some settings with the colors?

In a word - no!

There is simply no substitute for learning how to edit images - whether with Lightroom or something else.
Night photography is especially difficult in terms of white balance (and hence colour) - there is simply no cookie-cutter approach that will work.

Tony Jay

I didnt get your point. Is there a way to make my colors look more reallistic with lightroom?

You could try the "camera matching" profiles in the Camera Calibration panel in the Develop Module. Or make your own develop presets, i.e. if when editing your images you find you're making similar adjustments each time, you could create a preset using those adjustments, which you can then apply during import if needed, giving yourself a much better "starting point" for the finer detailed editing work.

I didnt get your point. Is there a way to make my colors look more reallistic with lightroom?
Yes. But the road to get there is not currently lined with a single auto button. Instead it is the traditional post proccessing development steps.
Tony's point was learn how to properly develop an image, and the same techniques work for night. It just takes more skill and a finer touch.

Tim

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I try a lot of things but nothing helps.. its like hrd colors but not like a topaz effect in photoshop. I search from 2 weeks in youtube and google but nothing helps.
Is there some free presets for events photography?

Presets are not going to help you.

My suggestion is to post a JPEG of an image that you need help with so that at least we can see what the particular issues are with that image.
This way we can get away from the "theoretical" and try to give you some practical help...

Tony Jay

Nope, no presets.
Also LR is nowhere near as hard to learn as Photoshop.

Having said that, all you might have to do is adjust the global temp & tint sliders - and maybe the same for the local adjustments (radial, grad, adjustment brush) for fixing mixed lighting areas.
Another thing I've had success with is using a white balance card.

However, even with the above, it may still be difficult to pin it down exactly... Even if you look at the picture you linked to, it still doesn't appear to be their natural skin color.
I'm not entirely sure why it's so hard to pin down exact color in low-light.. Someone past my pay grade might know. ;) Although I suspect it's due to the sensor not being able to capture enough 'color' (albeit sensors only capture greyscale) information when there is little light.

Last edited:
IF you use a flash, I think you wrote it, learn to use it. There is no need for fancy presets: adjust white balance to flash light and you're done. Please post a sample image as requested above, so that we can see could be the problem with it. Your previous post has no attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back