• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

CC2017 problems using NIK plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST-EOS

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I upgraded to Photoshop CC2017 yesterday. Today when editing an image in PSCC2017 having opened the image from LR 2015.7 I now can't seem to get the NIK plugins to work. The NIK suite is still showing in the Filters menu but whilst the chosen plugin opens and seems to work a new layer isn't created.
I decided to re install the NIK collection and this seems to have created a bigger issue. After the re installation of the plug in suite. I now get this message when trying to use the define or colour effects NIK filters
Any thought or suggestions to overcome the issue?

upload_2016-11-5_15-55-15.png

You need to download and re-install Nik Software.

Make sure that you have quit Photoshop / Lr before re-install. Also, make sure you start PS CC 2017 as old desktop / toolbar links etc.... may be pointing to the previous version of Ps.

Last edited:
Did you keep Photoshop CC 2015.5 when you installed CC 2017? If so just copy the plugins folder across from CC2015.5 to CC2017.

Hi,

If a disk error disappears after powering down and rebooting the system, you could assume that it is neither a Nik Software or Photoshop or Windows error. You should quickly make a backup of that disk and prepare for a replacement. Just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back