• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Can't see photos at catalog root

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Thompson

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System:Mac Hi Sierra

Lightroom Version:Old CC
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem:I've FINALLY got all 100,000 of my photos from 23 different catalogs into a SINGLE catalog! Catalog and photos are stored in two separate root folders on an external drive. At some point I believe I imported an old catalog and forgot to designate a folder in the PhotosMaster folder for the import. So, the imported photos are at the root of the PhotoMaster folder and I cannot see them I the MasterCatalog. Help please!

Go to the All Photographs special collection in the Catalog panel. Search for one of these images by file name. When found in the grid view, right click and choose "Go ro folder in Library. This will take you to and highlight the folder containing that image. Any other images in that folder will be seen in Grid View along side the one you found. You can then decide whether to move the images in the folder or move the folder.

So, the imported photos are at the root of the PhotoMaster folder and I cannot see them I the MasterCatalog

Lightroom will show the photos no matter where they are. If you really don't see the photos in the catalog, not even in 'All Photographs', then you probably forgot to merge that one catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back