1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Automatic Adjustments During Import

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rob Hirai, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Rob Hirai

Rob Hirai New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    Hello all I have a frustrating problem while importing. For some reason all the photos I import to LR are being adjusted to show plus two stops overexposing most of my imports before I even start post. Did I accidently hit a weird setting? Any help would be most appreciated. I'm using LR 5.7 on a win 10 computer.

2. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.13.x High Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Either you apply a preset during import, or you have accidentally set your camera default to this. First check for that preset. If not, go to the develop module, press the shift key and look at the button at the bottom right. It will change from 'Reset' to 'Reset (Adobe)'. Press it. If the changes are indeed reverted, then hold the Alt-key down and click that button again. That will give you a dialog where you can update your camera preset to the present settings.

3. Hal P Anderson

Hal P Anderson Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Or perhaps you have specified "Apply auto tone adjustments" in the Presets tab of Preferences.

4. JohanElzenga

JohanElzenga Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.13.x High Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    Classic 7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Correct. That option has disappeared from the latest version, but in Lr 5.7 that is still possible too.