Align shots and generate animated image

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjalex

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Is there a way to merge a dozen handeld shots of a busy station.

The scene is almost the same (but not on a tripod so little oscillations) but there a lot of people walking briskly and so when I flip through them manually it shows a cool pseudo animation.

Any idea on how to align the static parts and then generate the animated version ?

Mac here.

Thanks

Cool idea. You could output it through the slideshow module, but if you need to align them first, a bunch of Photoshop layers would be easier.

Thank you Victoria.

If the Photoshop auto-align does not quite do it, one trick (after doing open-as-layers) is take one layer as the master, turn off all the other layers, then one by one turn each other layer's visibility and editing on. Set the blending mode to difference, and you can then see the alignment starkly - exact alignment is black, anything else is a difference, so you can watch the stationary areas and shift the layer around using the layer movement tool. Be very careful not to move your "master" so it serves as the reference point for each other layer.

You can then do the GIF right in photoshop on the timeline, there's a create frames from layers (though I always end up with them in reverse order for some reason and have to manually sort -- not sure, maybe you will have better luck). I find the legacy save-for-web does a nice job of the gif generation and resizing.

Wow, thanks so much for the details !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back