• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Adjustment brush no longer working for panoramas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bly

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Hi,

I'm running LR 6.10 and the adjustment brush is no longer working on merged panoramas. Not sure why, because all other tools work and I have used it successfully before. I've tried using a big brush and making maximum adjustments and changing the colour, nothing works. Thought it might be because I've made some panoramas from HDR merged raw images, but if I re-do panoramas from unmerged raw it still doesn't work. Hope you can help.

Hi, I'm running LR 6.10 and the adjustment brush is no longer working on merged panoramas. Not sure why, because all other tools work and I have used it successfully before. I've tried using a big brush and making maximum adjustments and changing the colour, nothing works. Thought it might be because I've made some panoramas from HDR merged raw images, but if I re-do panoramas from unmerged raw it still doesn't work. Hope you can help.

There is no reason why the adjustment brush would not work on panoramas, also HDR panoramas. I just tried it and it works fine. Can you show in a screenshot what you are trying to do and what the brush settings are?

Hi,
I'm just trying to do some balancing tones with small adjustments to exposure, highlights and shadows, but nothing happens even if I go to -4.0 exposure value with a big brush. Screenshot of one possible adjustment attached. I've also just tried the adjustment brush with other single raw files and it seems the problem is with all files merged or not.
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 19.13.25.png

Just to clarify, that means that with each application you are applying 1% of the 0.36 you set for the exposure.... so 0.0036. You would have to paint over an area 100 time to apply the 0.36 you have selected.

The flow tool controls the % amount of the currently selected adjustments that will be applied every time you brush over an area up to the maximum set. So at 100 applications (with the current settings) you would reach 0.36 but if you tried 101 (or more) it would remain at 0.36.

Hi,
I have been reading my lrq book, but hadn't understood what flow was and so had avoided it and somehow accidentally set it to 1. Setting to 100 didn't cure the problem, but I clicked reset and now the brush seems to work. It did reset all the pins though, not just the active one.

Hi,
I have been reading my lrq book, but hadn't understood what flow was and so had avoided it and somehow accidentally set it to 1. Setting to 100 didn't cure the problem, but I clicked reset and now the brush seems to work. It did reset all the pins though, not just the active one.

Setting it to 100 would only change what happens with the next brush stroke(s), not with any strokes you had already applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back