1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

500px problems

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions, Comments & Troubleshooting' started by Donard850, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Donard850

Donard850 New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Lightroom Version:
    6.3 / CC 2015.3
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual (Standalone)
    When trying to upload images to 500px from Lightroom 6.3 I am getting the following message:
    An internal error has occurred: bad argument #1 to '?' (string expected, got no value)

I have deleted the plugin and reloaded it but still get the message. When I look at the plugin manager I note that it says "installed; may not work"

Grateful for any thoughts.

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.10 / CC 2015.10
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi Donard850, welcome back to the forum!

First port of call, update Lightroom, so 6.3 is quite old now and progress has been made since then. It's certainly possible that it's a LR bug.

If it's still happening then, you'll need to contact 500px and see if they know how to fix their plug-in.

3. Ferguson

Ferguson Linwood Ferguson

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.8 / CC 2015.8
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I don't use 500px, but many plugins have a way to collect debug information in the plugin manager. I use Smugmug a lot, and I frequently find if I turn that on and then look at it when something happened, it will give me a clue. Not sure if 500px's has one or not, but you might try. My guess is they will want a debug log anyway.

4. DGStinner

DGStinner Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.10 / CC 2015.10
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Instead of uninstalling the plugin, try disabling it and then re-enabling it. I've had that error message in the past and disable/re-enable fixed it for me.