• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Whats missing in Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashpixx

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Can't find sharpening tool in Android LR Mobile. Does it exist in iOS version? Been using clarity and Dehaze as a work around.
Thinking of springing for an iPad Air 64GB, what am I missing by using android (noting the latest update to LR mobile today)

No sharpening in LrM for iOS either.

Off the top of my head, features that the iPad has that Android hasn't...
  • ability to resize grid thumbnails
  • custom sort order (adjust on the mobile device, not just the desktop)
  • speed review combined mode (gestures on left for flags, right for stars)
  • switch for full resolution vs. smart preview for photos uploaded on mobile/web
  • lens corrections
  • local adjustments (linear/radial)
  • social comments/likes notification
  • Presentation view with grid/loupe/slideshow, so others can't accidentally change your settings
  • Import preferences (copyright, etc.)

Thankyou Johan and Victoria I did get hopeful re sharpening when I noticed the iPad copy settings dialog had a sharpening option in it. Ah well. ...

Sharpening in Lightroom for mobile is currently limited to the Default Sharpening that occurs on any raw file imported into Mobile directly, included presets (notably: Detailed), and Copy and Paste from items where sharpening was previously set (via desktop edits, default import, or presets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back