1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

What have I done now? Please advise me.

Discussion in 'Equipment & Services Talk' started by Norfolk Lad, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Norfolk Lad

Norfolk Lad Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual License
    Sorry, this is not really LR related. I seem to have done something even more stupid than usual. I am now on my new computer. I had a bit of difficulty setting up my Outlook account and ended up with two email accounts showing, one called Personal Folders and the other I named My Outlook. Further, as I had transferred my .pst files from my old computer, I got a My Documents folder and in that an Outlook Folder on each hard drive. On Sunday I thought I would try to tidy these and get all my data folders onto my data disc. I copied over a number of .pst files and I still have these in various locations. But now I cannot open Outlook at all. I get the following message when I try to open it.

Capture.PNG

I have probably tried to do all the wrong things.
    First I tried to restore any files In the recycle bin. No good.
    Second I tried to run repairs from my Office 2010 installation disc. No good.
    Then I uninstalled and reinstalled MS Office 2010. No good.
    Then I ran a Windows 7 repair/reinstall. No good.

I am right out of ideas but I know there are some very kind and helpful people on this forum so I thought I'd ask for some assistance here. Thanks.

2. camerashy

camerashy New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Hi Jeremy - could you not reset your computer to an earlier time and then start again...Control Panel>System and Security.
    Failing any help from members here I would suggest going to www.computeractive.co.uk and joining the forum to ask the question, they are a really helpful bunch of guys
    hope it works out OK
    Dave

3. Norfolk Lad

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual License
    Dave, this is my third attampet to thank you. Somehow my posts do not seem to be getting posted. I did try as a first step a system restore but that did not fix it either, which is very strange. Thanks for the advice to try computeractive. Hope this one gets posted!

4. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I'm not sure what's happening with your posts Jeremy, but if you run into the problem again, just drop me an email at admin@lightroomforums.net and I'll figure it out.

5. Norfolk Lad

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual License
    Well. Problem solved. I created a new User account and Outlook worked for that. So I looked again at the old account files and discovered I had managed to change the Outlook files to "Read Only" so Outlook could not use them. All back up and running now. I really should not fiddle with things I don't fully understand.

Victoria, I think I was probably not hitting the "Post" button! Let's see if this one makes it to the Forum!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  6. Brad Snyder

Brad Snyder Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Words to live by! (I'm 57 years old, and my dad still calls me "fiddle-fingers")

7. Norfolk Lad

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    Perpetual License
    Ha ha.