Using Lightroom for layout but printing externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hi all

I want to create a 12" by 12" print on which I want to arrange multiple photos as per a customized layout.

I want to use Lightroom to do the layout (using the Print module I guess) and then need to give it to a pro-lab to print since I dont have a printer.

Can some one please tell me how I can do this? I am struggling to export a page from the print module and I really dont want to use another software (even PS) because I really dont know any!! Btw the lab has asked me to give them the page in either PDF or JPEG.

Thanks a million!

Kunal

Kunal,

Welcome!

This ought to help:

Lightroom Database-3 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - Print_2012-02-20_11-31-43.jpg

Hal

Is the photo I'm looking at from LR3 or LR4? I ask because I am just a new upgrader to LR4 and to be honest I didn't use the print mod much before in LR3. I have a phot I created using LR4 and also want a prolab to print it. I could not find a way to export it to a desktop file in order to transfer it to a memory card for printing purposes. Is it as simple as this?

Doug

Doug Welcome to the forum. Yes, it is as simple as this. If you are not using a fancy layout with watermarks or borders and just want to send a final edit to your desktop, the the Export facility is all you need a JPEG or TIFF. In the File Settings section of the Export dialog, there is a field labeled "Color Space" . Here is where you provide the print-lab with the required print profile or any other colorspace that they might designate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back