1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new forum software!

The forum is now live again but we're still working on the upgrade. It's a massive upgrade, so we're considering this a beta release for the next few weeks. Please report any bugs and feature requests on this thread. Thank you for your patience!

Please update your profile and you're also welcome to upload an avatar so we can get to know you better.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to post to Facebook

Discussion in 'Output Modules' started by tape, Apr 24, 2012.

1. tape

tape New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    About the time I switched from PC to Mac, I also upgraded from LR3 to LR4. When trying to post pictures to my Facebook page, I never know of the publishing will work. Today I get the message "photo update failed" and "can't update this collection" I deleted old Facebook publish services and created new ones, but each time I get the same error messages. Uploading pics directly through Safari works. Any suggestions?

2. tape

tape New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    One solution I found:
    You're trying to upload to an album that has wider visibility than you've given the plugin permission for. (E.g. you've said that the plugin can upload only friends-visible stuff, but you're trying to upload now to a publicly-visible album.)
To fix, you can downgrade the visibility of the album, or upgrade the permission of the app. To do the latter:
    1. Visit your FB privacy settings by clicking on this link (or manually by clicking on the down-triangle in the upper-right of your home Facebook page, and select “Privacy Settings” from the dropdown menu).
    2. On the “Apps and Websites” row, click “Edit Settings”
    3. On the “Apps you use” row, click “Edit Settings”
    4. On the “Adobe Lightroom Export Plugin” row, click “Edit”
    5. Scroll down to “Posts on my behalf: Who can see posts this app makes for me on Facebook?” and choose “Public” or something that at least encompasses the uploads you'd like to do.Note: if you choose something more restrictive than “Public”, albums that are “Public” or otherwise less restrictive than what you set will not be available for uploading and will not appear in Lightroom.
    6. Click “Close” at the bottom of the app-settings box.
    Source : http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/faq#fbperm

3. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Hi tape, I've heard a couple of people with similar issues. That's a really good find, thanks for posting that. Has it solved your issue?

4. tape

tape New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Victoria,
    Yes, it's solved the problem I had been experiencing.