1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

To protect Images in Lighroom with password

Discussion in 'Lightroom General Discussion (ARCHIVE)' started by Desperant, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Desperant

Desperant New Member

Hello,

can me anybody say, if i can in lightroom to protect my Images or images-folder with password?
    Its possible with extra plugin or so?

thnaks!!

2. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Image security (and that of the folders containing them) is a function of the OS. If you don't already know that, then attempting to set this Windows security might create more headaches than it solves. In Explorer and as an administrator, Right click on the folder containing the images,, then click on properties and the Tab Security. If you still want to proceed, I can give more explicit instructions beyond that point.

3. Brad Snyder

Brad Snyder Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    But, no, not in Lr. I'm not aware of any plugins available for that, either. As Cletus says, currently you'll have to rely on means external to Lr.