• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Timelapse Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxa8m3

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Dear All,

This is my first post so 'Hello'... I'm having an issue with a time-lapse I'm putting together. It is just over 1000 photos, I've edited them and exported to .jpeg then reorganised them into a folder in lightroom with just the photos I want in the time lapse.

I've setup the time-lapse in the slideshow module and then exported to video. The video runs fine but it is missing the last 'slide' (photo) which is kind of crucial to give the desired effect.

I have tried renumbering the slides, adding an extra copy of the last photo with another number - it then leaves off the last 2 photos. I've also tried reloading lightroom and using different formats, 1080p, 720p or non-HD.

Do any of you, far more considerably knowledgeable light roomers, have any suggestions for me or have come across similar problems?

Thanks

Alex

Welcome to the forum Alex! I haven't done any timelapse, so I'll leave your question to our more qualified members. I'll drop Sean a line, see if I can get him to drop by.

I haven't noticed myself. It does tend to add black slides though. While it was a load of whinging that gave us back the ability to do timelapse, it's never been a use case for Slideshow-even though I suspect a lot of people use it for this and this alone. I've a lot of work on tonight, but I'll have a look tomorrow.
Just to be sure, you are use the Lightroom 5.2 preset yes? It's a 29.97 preset, to match the video frame rate in Lightroom.

I haven't noticed myself. It does tend to add black slides though. While it was a load of whinging that gave us back the ability to do timelapse, it's never been a use case for Slideshow-even though I suspect a lot of people use it for this and this alone. I've a lot of work on tonight, but I'll have a look tomorrow.
Just to be sure, you are use the Lightroom 5.2 preset yes? It's a 29.97 preset, to match the video frame rate in Lightroom.

Thanks Guys,

I've tried a couple of the presets and a couple of downloaded user templates, with varying frame rates. I'll try them all out in the meantime.

Still having no joy - really can't make out why it's just ends at the same frame each time no matter what preset I use, or even if i change the final slide and in or remove any slides (photos). Stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back