1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you to Mark Sirota

Discussion in 'Extending Lightroom' started by Portola, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Portola

Portola New Member

I joined the Forums for the purpose of posting this thank you to Mark for showing how to set up a custom directory structure for importing photos! (See Tips & Tricks or www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?t=3989.) This seemed like the most appropriate forum.

I've used Breeze's excellent Downloader Pro for five years and I have a well-established directory structure I don't want to abandon. I'm starting a switch to Macintosh, though, which means I'll have to change to Image Ingester or something else for directory building. Why couldn't Lightroom just support a broader array of directory structures? Well, it does! I just needed Mark to show me how to do it.

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Well done Mark, and welcome Portola!

3. Mark Sirota

Mark Sirota Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Lightroom Version:
    You're very welcome. I'm glad to hear it's been so helpful to so many (myself included)!

4. Kiwigeoff

Kiwigeoff Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.10.x Yosemite
    Lightroom Version:
    I'll throw in my thanks too Mark, well done !! You have put in a detailed feature request ?? :lol::lol:

5. Mark Sirota

Mark Sirota Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.8.x Mountain Lion
    Lightroom Version:
    I have, though perhaps not in the current cycle (I have a large stack to submit one of these days)...