1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new forum software!

The forum is now live again but we're still working on the upgrade. It's a massive upgrade, so we're considering this a beta release for the next few weeks. Please report any bugs and feature requests on this thread. Thank you for your patience!

Please update your profile and you're also welcome to upload an avatar so we can get to know you better.
    Dismiss Notice

Tethered shooting for D7000

Discussion in 'Lightroom General Discussion (ARCHIVE)' started by D7k, Feb 18, 2011.

1. D7k

D7k New Member

Primary OS:
    Windows 7 32-bit
    I understand tethered shooting with the D7000 is not yet supported by Lightroom as of v3.3. I wasn't aware of that when I purchased LR since I figured a camera as huge as the D7000 would certainly be supported but whatever.

That leaves me looking for a (free) Windows alternative or some sort of ninja workaround. I'm aware of Nikon's Camera Control software but since I've already gone through the trouble of purchasing LR I sure don't want to buy anything else. Any suggestions?

Finally, regarding updates made to Lightroom, how does Adobe manage this? Do they release incremental patches or updates or are they done all at one time when a new version is released? In other words, is there any hope of a patch that will offer D7000 tethering or is the release of v3.4 my next reasonable chance?

2. b_gossweiler

b_gossweiler Senior Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    I've never seen a patch coming into LR outside of a dot release, and for sure not for new functionality. So your next reasonable chance is LR 3.4.

Beat