Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyn

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
I'm a 66 year old newbie to Lr, I've been using DXO Pro for years as my RAW converter. DXO knows that every time I open a pic I want the lens distortion etc. fixed automatically. In Lr I find I have to check boxes every time I open a new pic. Is there a way to save the 'checked' boxes as something Lr will do automatically? I have attached a file.
Corrections.jpg

Hi, welcome to the forum.

No, you can't get Lightroom to apply Lens Corrections automatically when opening an image in Develop. However, there is a way around this by creating a Develop preset which you can apply either manually in Develop (to one or many images), or automatically to all images during Import. The latter method is what I use, in fact I have a "starting develop preset" which includes applying Lens Corrections plus a few other things such as Clarity and Vibrance. The application of this Develop preset (plus a standard Metadata preset to set things like Copyright) is encapsulated in my Import Presets.....so I insert a card, call up Import, check that the correct Import Preset is selected, and let it go. Lightroom will import the images into my designated dated folder scheme, rename them, make a second copy of them, put them into my "starting collection", build previews and smart previews, and apply my starting Metadata and Develop presets.

It's easy enough to do, let us know if you want more details.

Or buy a Panasonic m4/3 system with corrections built into the metadata and let Lightroom take care of it automatically ( or use dxo :D )

Seriously, and apologies to the OP for jumping into the thread, could other manufacturers do this, and would it be a good thing? I guess it probably requires native lenses?

Dave

I would suggest you simply change Lr's default for that camera.

So take an image into Develop and ensure it has no adjustments. Enable the lens adjustments you want, and hold down the Option key (Mac) or Alt key (WIndows). You'll see the Reset button in the lower right changes to Set Default.

This will always apply, even if you forget to apply a Develop preset during Import, or if you have more than one Develop preset, and even if you reset an image's adjustments later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back