Run multiple export presets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostbytes

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I find myself often needing to run 3-4 export presets from Lightroom for the same image. (e.g. one sized for blog posts to a specific folder, another for low-resolution, another for high resolution, another to Dropbox, etc.). I've been running each preset manually one after another.

Is there a way to group presets and run the group all at once?

You can't batch Export presets but you can create a Publish service for each specific destination size and quality. If you use a smart collection for each publish service, LR will automatically add them to the publish service as soon as they meet the criteria of the Smart collection. Then all you need to do is Select each Smart Collection and press the {Publish} button. This doesn't run them all at once, but it does take all of the collection building work away and you only need to hit the publish button for each publish service.

Hmmm. That's clever but I'm not sure that it saves me time. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like clicking the publish X number of times would take about as long as clicking the export button X number of times?

Ideally I'd like to see a "click once, run everything" workaround/feature.

It does indeed not save time, and it means you keep the photos in the service and on the disk, so it's not the same as 'export and forget'. Unfortunately, there is no way to batch different exports in Lightroom. What you could do is export in the largest setting, and then run a Photoshop action that resizes and saves a copy of this image for all the other purposes. Whether that really saves time remains to be seen...

Sounds right. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking a clever way of doing this. It sounds like there isn't a way, so I've put in a feature request on the Adobe forums.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back