• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Relinking and moving photos from "New Folder With Items"

Status
Not open for further replies.

process

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
For some reason several of my photos have been moved to a folder named "New Folder With Items". I have no idea how or why, but I'd like to move them back where they belong.
My file structure is based on year, month and event like this:

2015-01
2015-02
2015-03
Travel_Paris vacation
Family_Uncle Joe visit​
2016-04
New Folder With Items​
2016-01
2016-02
At first the missing images couldn't be found until I did a "synchronize folder" (of the "2015" folder). This brought up the "New Folder With Items" folder within "2015", so the linking is correct, but the location is wrong (they should be in their correct month/event folder).

If I know where a specific file should be located I can easily fix this by dragging it over to its appropriate folder, but what do I do if I don't know where it should be?
I'm using LR 6.6 (perpetual) on a Mac.

Why wouldn't you know that? For each image you can see the capture date in the metadata panel, so from this information you can conclude where the image 'belongs' and drag it to the appropriate folder. You could also (temporarily) show the capture date on the thumbnails by using 'View- View options'.

Suggestion.
Sort the grid view in Capture Date Sequence.

Then as Johan suggested:
Set Grid view to show Capture T
MoB1.jpg
ime.
Drag and drop images to the correct folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back