Reducing urban glare

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenc0102

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi there,

I've just begun playing around with photography and lightroom recently and have taken a liking to night photography and long exposure shots. I went to Coogee beach in Sydney last night and took a few shots which I played around with when I got home. Here is one that I quite like however can't seem to get right.

Original
IMG_1646.JPG

Edited
Coogee-3.jpg

I probably overdid a lot of the changes as I really liked the colour on the water and the mist that the waves had caused. However I don't like the house and street lights. How can I counter the effect they have had whilst keeping a natural flow to the image (it looks very artificial when I drop values that reduce those lights)

Welcome to the forum.
Some thing to try: The Dehaze filter might help with the glare. Worth a try at least.
Split toning might be another option.

Another thing to try might be to move the image into PSCC and works with different layers.

You can also use the adjustment brush on the houses & lights - then just adjust all the sliders to your liking. There are some well defined edges, so it shouldn't be too hard to create the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back