Raw looks nothing like Jpeg on back of camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Knopp

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Very sorry if this issue has been raised before but I can't find the thread in the forums (I am new!)

I shoot in Raw (Nikon D750) and the Jpeg image it renders on the back of my camera looks exactly how I want it. But then I import the raw into lightroom and the pics suck! It takes me ages to try and edit it to look even close to what I have on the back of the camera. Then I have hundreds more images to process - pretty frustrating. I can spend a week editing a few hundred photos. I have tried the camera profiles, but they don't even get me close either.

If Lightroom imported the raw that look close to what I shoot in the display, I would have hardly any editing to do, but instead end up spending a ton of time. Just seems crazy I have to start from scratch each time. Makes me feel like shooting JPEG to save time, but then I lose the flexibility in editing.

Any suggestions? I have heard some people say use the Nikon software instead, but then that defeats the object of the power of having lightroom.

Is Adobe planning to have any better settings that automatically import the RAW closer to the JPEG image the camera renders or do I have to keep struggling?

Alternatively any quick tips to get things looking better quickly? Thanks!

We are talking about the same settings as what the camera uses when you shoot jpeg. Obviously, these settings can be different for each manufacturer.

Thank you for the clarification. I initially read your post to mean something different.

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back