Problems uploading screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

hman

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
To continue problem resolution for another issue, I have been uploading screenshots. Worked fine yesterday, but today I am getting error message: Upload failed.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

Harvey

I haven't seen any info for this host software, but sometimes there is a file size limit. Try a smaller image and see if that makes a difference. Also the file types must be jpg, jpeg, png, gif.

As an alternative, copy the files to your Dropbox public folder or some other free file sharing service. Once in the cloud, you have a direct link to the JPEG or other acceptable image file format (like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2411826/LRHelp/LRScreen7.jpg NOTE the link ends in jpg)
When you click om the insert image icon, choose the URL tab and uncheck the checkbox labeled "retrieve remote file and reference locally". The will allow the Ligthroomforums website to reference the URL rather than need to upload it to www.lightroomqueen.com/community

LRScreen20.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. However, this worked yesterday with the same size files.

Yep, I agree there's a problem today, I just tried and failed to upload a standard screenshot....just get a message saying 'Filename.jpg: Upload of file failed'.

No it still doesn't for me....maybe it's an intermittent thing, but still broken here.

Have either of you tried the link reference instead of uploading directly to LR?

BTW, the Earth is currently experiencing one of the strongest solar storms in years, This can disrupt internet traffic, wireless, radio and TV.

Last edited:
Ah, there was a PHP error on the server yesterday, sorry. It was affecting the download system on my website, but I hadn't twigged that it would be affecting here too, as everything seemed to be running still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back