1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Spot removal Lightroom 5

Discussion in 'Developing your Photos' started by Banke, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Banke

Banke New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I have just tried to delete spots by holding down the Alt key and drag a marquee around them. It did not work how do I get it to work. I have deleted the prefernces file it did not help.

Banke

2. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Welcome to the forum.
    This new feature in LR5 is achieved by a Click and drag of the left mouse button This allow you to "paint" a solid white area that covers the "spot" LR will then choose a source area to match You can then grab the pin of the source or the tagget and reposition to be where you like.

{alt} plus a {left mouse} drag outlines a box to cut any Spot removal objects that lie inside the box defined. This behaves as described on my install. Try setting the tool overlay to Always so that the pines of all spots are revealed. Then make sure your "box outlined" encloses at least one pin.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  3. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
  4. Banke

Banke New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Thank you for the welcome and the answers. I've seen the video where it works. I have done exactly as you written Cletus but it made no difference. I have reinstalled Lightroom but I still have the problem. When I use the method of clicking on a spot, it is removed so I do not know what has gone wrong with my installation.
    Call

5. markly86

markly86 New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Lightroom Version:
    Are you using a Wacom Tablet? I have had a lot of problems using the tablet and pen with the spot removal tool. Works with a mouse but often locks up with the tablet.

6. Banke

Banke New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I am not using a Wacom only a mouse. I can tell you that I have tried the Spot removal on my Laptop and the result are the same as on the Desktop. The Laptop runs Windows 7 32 bit. Banke

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013