1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with eSataP > CF Reader on Win7

Discussion in 'Equipment & Services Talk' started by duncand, Apr 20, 2012.

1. duncand

duncand New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Hi everyone,
    I just bought a DeLOCK Card Reader eSATAp > Compact Flash for my Sony Vaio, and it does not show up in Win7.
    Has anyone had any experience with problematic eSata adapters? Windows detects the device, install drivers (maybe?), tells me to reboot and when you insert a CF card, nothing.
    Ive tried booting up with the Reader attached and with a card, still nothing.

Thanks

This is my vaio model number, VPCEC2X5E.

http://www.equanet.co.uk/catalogue/item/it-equipment/Data Storage/Card-Memory/91689/A017709A

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi Duncan, welcome to the forum! I'm not sure about your card reader, but wanted to say hi anyway.

3. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Do you have both the eSATA cable and the USB cable connected to your PC? The USB Cable is used to provide power to the eSATAp device.

Does Windows Explorer (My Computer) see the device when there is a CF card inserted?

4. duncand

duncand New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    binned it.

5. donoreo

donoreo Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I was going to suggest that you may need to go into disc manager and refresh to see the device. I have to do this with a hard drive dock that is connected to an eSATA port.