Print Orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sights

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
While I know I've done it once before, I cannot get my Epson 7880 to print an A2 photo with the long edge across the page (610mm-24"). It doesn't matter how much I play with the settings, it only wants to print the short edge across the page, wasting a lot of paper that I have to cut off and use as a sheet.
I generally do this using the 'Custom Package' setting, but have also tried it in 'Single Image' with the same result.
I don't doubt it's the tradesman's problem rather than the tools but I'm flat out like a lizard drinking trying to find the glitch. :sad:

I go to print setup and select the A2 roll, or a custom template, make sure all is as it is supposed to be in 'Print Settings', and finally go to 'Printer' as a last check before clicking the print.
Except for the orientation, I get exactly what I wanted to print. :shock:

I'm sure that the answer it looking me square in the face, but at the moment, if my chooks turned into emu's I probably wouldn't notice. I'm desperately in need of help :crazy:

Last edited:
Have you tried to set up an A1 print, with the image at the top? Another possibility should be to setup a custom paper size.

Hi,

Assuming that you have the print driver setup to use 24" roll paper there is a checkbox "Auto Rotate" in the Paper Layout Settings,

Check that and the printer driver will rotate the image to maximize the use of the installed paper regardless of the orientation of the image in Lightroom.

-louie

attachment.php

Attachments

• Paper Layout Settings.jpg
    Paper Layout Settings.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 443
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Louie, that may be the obvious, missing parameter.

Don't know how it got unchecked but it was.

Will try it again on the weekend and see how it goes.

Will let you know the outcome :)

Make sure that you have the latest driver from Epson. The pro printer drivers are not automatically updated via App store system updates so you have go to the epson site and get them your self.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back