Print module question and myfirst post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Malinowski

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Hi All,

This is my first post so please bear with me.
I have been using LR3 for a couple of months now and have a question about the Print Module...
I now organise most of my images in LR but still do a certain amount of editing and resizing in PS CS5. The layout feature within LR is very nice to use but when I add my collection of images to a full page (A4 for example), it does not maintain the original file sizes. It appears to make the images smaller for some reason and imports them at the same size? I need the images to keep the exact size I specify in PS.
Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone help me please?
There may be a button somewhere that says 'maintain original file size' but for the life of me I can't find it!
If this can be resolved then it would make LR so much more useful to me.
I look forward to hearing from someone soon...
Cheers, David

David, Sorry that you've been ignored. I remember seeing your first post. I'm not much of an expert in printing since I rarely print, so I left your query to some one that might be. By the over whelming response so far, you can probably guess that Printing is not a hot topic.

Last edited:
It's been a good while since I printed, so I don't remember all the ins and outs of the print module, but,it may have to do with how you're getting those images into LR. Are you using the "edit in" feature to take those images into cs5? If so then also check the "edit a copy ..." top option, when you go over to cs5. Also when you're done in cs5 just do a "save", not save as, and the image should come back as whatever size you made it in cs5.

David, have you checked the dimensions of the edited image to the original? It might be worth checking the page set up in LR as the margins could be affecting the image size on paper.

Thanks for your replies. I've tried all of the above but so far no luck. I'm either doing something wrong or I haven't found how to do it right yet???
I'll keep trying...
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back