1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Print: how to print 8x10 on 8.5 x11 paper?

Discussion in 'Output Modules' started by donoreo, Aug 3, 2012.

1. donoreo

donoreo Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I have just never done it before, 4x6 print fine, I say 4x6 paper and we go. I try 8x10 on 8.5 x11 paper and I get a 4x6 in the middle. Why? I have looked at the help and it does not mention it, I have googled and I see people talking about cropping to a different size. The concept of that just seems odd and wrong to me. Why can I not just print out to the size I want?

2. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    In the Print Module in the left window is the Template Browser. The 8X10 template is one of the choices. It is probably not the one you have chosen now. In addition to the LR templates you can also create your own.

3. donoreo

donoreo Active Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    So simple. The template list was closed. Still, finding that in the help would be nice! Thanks.