Point me in right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsjared

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Sorry, I'm new here and I have tried searching for the info I'm looking for but am not familiar with the correct terminology to get the best results.

I shoot and edit about 250-500 photos a day of vehicles in a studio. 50-60 per vehicle. Anyway, nevertheless it's a bit daunting to do this day in and out. So I'm looking to offload some of the editing work. I have found lots of college students at a local school who are willing to do the work, I just need to find the best workflow.

I shoot in RAW, and export to jpg. Pretty simple. The studio is white and my biggest issue is either blow-outs or shadows. How can I get the photos to an editor for them to edit? Do I send them the RAW files? As a catalog? etc.

Google drive is slow (for this many photos) and unreliable (not to mention buggy). Dropbox seems to cumbersome with data limits and all.

ugh....

If highlight revovery and shadows is important, they probably need the raws. Are the students using Lightroom as well ? (same version 5.7 ?) Do you want to do a final check before you export ? They might not have calibrated screens etc...

How are you distributing the work : per vehicle / per day ? Do you keyword the photos yourself ? in that case you could export and import catalogs with the raw files.

you could also use one way transfers like wetransfer...

If they'll purely be using Lightroom, you could send them a catalog with smart previews. They'd upload a lot quicker than the raw files, and when they send the edited catalog back, LR would find the raw files and use those for your exports.

I suggest that you avoid making decisions on noise and sharpening until you have your edits back on your own machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back