• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Photos look great in lightroom but become desaturated when sending out externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

planowoman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I think I might be having a similar problem as this thread, but different. http://www.lightroomqueen.com/why-do-my-photos-look-different-in-photoshop/. I adjust my photos in Lightroom and Photoshop and they look exactly how I want them. When I upload to a printing service, they become desaturated and flat. Also, I sent one image through ichat through my computer that did the same thing. The image housed on my computer looks perfect. Is there a colorspace that I need to change my images to so this doesn't happen? Thanks!

Hi planowoman, welcome to the forum! What color space are you selecting when you export for the printing lab? It sounds like you should probably be selecting sRGB and you're currently selecting ProPhoto RGB.

Hi planowoman, welcome to the forum! What color space are you selecting when you export for the printing lab? It sounds like you should probably be selecting sRGB and you're currently selecting ProPhoto RGB.

That was exactly my problem! I haven't heard of anyone else complaining of this issue, but it seems that when I upgraded my Lightroom and Photoshop to CC 2015 my settings must have defaulted to ProPhoto RGB and I didn't realize it. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back