1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

No Close Button!!

Discussion in 'Lightroom Troubleshooting (ARCHIVE)' started by DekHog, Jul 1, 2008.

1. DekHog

DekHog New Member

Hi...

My Lightroom has developed the weirdest problem - the top bar where the close (x) and minimize (_) button, etc, should be has vanished! I've tried everything, but all I can do it press Ctrl+Q to exit... has anyone ever seen this or can think of a possible solution? Maybe I'm just missing something obvious by looking too hard?

I thought that maybe the lightroom window was just oversized, therefore putting the top bar off the view of the screen, but can't find any way to restore down to find out if this is the problem or not...

Any suggestions welcome...

TIA

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hit F.... you're in full screen mode. And don't kick yourself too hard, we've all done it! :D

Welcome to the forum!

3. Denis Pagé

Denis Pagé Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Also, that "F" button do 3 states. The fullest screen do remove the menu and the dock/task bar... This is the one I use most and I use the keyboard "quit" shortcut. And if you get catched by a black screen showing only the selected image, then hit "L" a couple times (also 3 states).

You may also be interested to download Victoria's list of shortcuts if you are new to Lightroom... ;)

and welcome to the forum Tia! :)