New Forum Software - Bugs & Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the person best as default avatar. The LR forum may confuse people and make them think this person has some formal connection to the forum.

I've just added another one.

With the "Dark Style" you cannot see the values when you edit a preference.
Makes it fun to edit your settings....

I've just fixed the ones I could find... let me know if there are any I missed.

Can you post a screenshot here? Because I already set my own avatar, it seems I can't easily see the alternatives.
Added in the previous post.

Impressive upgrade, thanks, Victoria.

There is one feature that I used in the old form that I don't see in the new one. Sometimes I just go through the threads in the forum in the hope of picking up useful hints, which I often do. When one got to the end of a thread, there were, in the centre bottom, buttons to go to the previous or next thread. I have not found similar short cuts in the new format. It would be useful.

Thanks

The 'How To' threads have now moved to the Help page, linked on the menubar and at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
Added in the previous post.

These are default avatars, aren't they? If somebody does not choose an avatar, one of these will show (instead of the questionmark), if I understand it correctly. That means you can't have a 'male' and a 'female' one, because that requires people to make a choice nevertheless...

When one got to the end of a thread, there were, in the centre bottom, buttons to go to the previous or next thread. I have not found similar short cuts in the new format.

It's not built in, but a new plug-in was released a few days ago which looks like it may have potential. I'll wait for any early bug reports before I install, but I've added it to the list.

These are default avatars, aren't they? If somebody does not choose an avatar, one of these will show (instead of the questionmark), if I understand it correctly. That means you can't have a 'male' and a 'female' one, because that requires people to make a choice nevertheless...
If someone selects male/female when signing up, it picks a male/female avatar. MyUsername

Last edited:
OK, and if they don't, it will be the genderless one?
Yup. I've updated them, so if you skim through this thread, you can see a couple of variations.

I vote for the second icon, which says Lr Forums.

Tim

I finally got around to adding a signature.
It actually limits you to three lines, and just a small set of characters. Can we increase that a bit? It would be nice for readability to allow people to put camera, computer and other minor items on separate lines versus the jumbled mess I did initially.

Victoria - Would it be possible to make the "Go to first unread message" dot larger? I don't have a problem with it on my desktop computer, but it is a bit hard to hit with my fat fingers on the iPad screen. Thanks,

It actually limits you to three lines, and just a small set of characters. Can we increase that a bit?

Yep, I'll check on that. I don't want to increase it too far as it makes it hard to find the wood for the trees on small screens.

Victoria - Would it be possible to make the "Go to first unread message" dot larger? I don't have a problem with it on my desktop computer, but it is a bit hard to hit with my fat fingers on the iPad screen. Thanks,

The whole thread link on this software goes to the first unread post, which should be a bit easier!

It's just a little nitpick, but the "favicon" for the Forum seems to be missing.

Also, I would like to see a dark skin without other colors in it like the current dark skin has.

I went and did a little search, and came up with the following 3 skins I found that would do the job.
Now I realise they cost money, so if it's not in the cards, that's fine, I understand.

[QUOTE="Victoria Bampton, post: 1183111, member: The whole thread link on this software goes to the first unread post, which should be a bit easier![/QUOTE]

Yes, that is much easier. Always something new to learn. But then, why bother to have the dot? Oh, and I guess I just learned how to insert a quote from a previous post. And preview a post, although the preview doesn't look any different from the original. Shouldn't it show as it will show in the final (ie. quotes in a shadow box)?

Old dogs, etc.

OK, clearly I didn't learn how to insert a quote. Someone please educate me. In words of one syllable, or less. Cheers,

OK, clearly I didn't learn how to insert a quote. Someone please educate me. In words of one syllable, or less. Cheers,
You were very close. You just lost the ] at the beginning of my text after the member number.

It's just a little nitpick, but the "favicon" for the Forum seems to be missing.

Thanks, it's back now.

Also, I would like to see a dark skin without other colors in it like the current dark skin has.

There's a draft one now available (called Black), although I still have a fair amount of work to do. Thanks for the search, as I'll borrow some of the ideas.

I'm not averse to paying for skins, however it's the ongoing work that turns into a nightmare. If I create a black skin as a child skin, any changes I make to the parent one (e.g. add tabs to the menubar) automatically cascade down to the other skins, whereas if I buy skins, I have to remember to change them all manually.

Probably a stupid question, but after I start to reply in this box, if I decide not to say anything after all, how do I cancel? Just exiting the page leaves my message here when I return.

Probably a stupid question, but after I start to reply in this box, if I decide not to say anything after all, how do I cancel? Just exiting the page leaves my message here when I return.

It's not a silly question... I had to search for the answer.

The drafts are cached for 24 hours then cleared automatically. If you want to clear the drafts sooner, hit the little save/disc icon above and you can Delete Drafts.

While a cancel button might be helpful, what other reason do you have for remaining on the page?

Clicking the
LRScreen267.jpg
icon and choosing "Delete Draft" does not clear the textbox.

Clicking the icon and choosing "Delete Draft" does not clear the textbox.

But when you refresh the page, it'll be gone because the draft will be gone.

If you just want to cancel, Ctrl-A and delete is probably as good as it gets. It appears there was a feature request for a cancel button about 5 years ago and no one voted on it.

On a different topic, I've just added Perpetual vs. CC Sub to the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back