1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Metadata conflict

Discussion in 'Managing your Photos & Video' started by instanes, Apr 13, 2013.

1. instanes

instanes New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hello All,

I recently switched from a PC to a MAC. Some of the photos I transferred to my MAC I used this process:

Exported from Lightroom on the PC to a USB stick.

I then imported them into Lightroom from the USB stick to the MAC.

All went well, except each of the thumbnails has an icon which indicates there is a metadata conflict. (I should have just copied the photos using the file structure rather than exporting them I now realize)..I think.

When I click on the icon I get a choice to either import the settings from the disk or overwrite the settings. My choice is to overwrite them.

My question is: Is there a way to do this on a set of photos rather than going through this process on each individual thumbnail.

As always, your time and assistance is most appreciated.

Stan

2. instanes

instanes New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Solved my problem....I must have been la la land when I wrote my request. All you have to do is select a group of photo's, click on the metadata conflict icon in the thumbnail in one of them and you get a dialogue box on how you would like to resolve the issue for the group of photos you have selected. Piece of cake.

Stan