• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Merging photos from different year folders into one scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metawops

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi guys,

here's my current (somehow historically grown) Lightroom (using CC 2015.7, Mac) problem:
I use an external hard drive as the main container for all my photos and make backups to the internal hard drive in my iMac and to a folder on my NAS.
I have SOME of my photos on my external hard drive organized in folders like this:
/yyyy/yyyy-mm-dd/<here are the photos>

... and there are the most of my photos on that drive organized like this:
/Photos/yyyy/yyyy-mm-dd/<here are the photos>

Therefore I see this structure in Lightroom itself, too, when looking into the "Folders" list in the left side panel.

What's the failsafe way to merge these folders & photos into ONE single scheme, preferably the
/Photos/yyyy/yyyy-mm-dd/*
scheme?

Of course, when importing new photos I can be careful to select the right import folder so that this problem never occurs again. But now that it's there ... how can I move the photos from the
/yyyy/yyyy-mm-dd folders to the corresponding (and most of the time already existing) /Photos/yyyy/yyyy-mm-dd folders so that they get actually moved on the hard drive AND Lightroom knows where they (the originals) are?

Thank you so much!
Stefan.

In Lightroom, do the following: Select one of the folders, select all the images inside that folder, and drag and drop them onto the folder you want to move them to. When the original folder is empty, you can remove it from Lightroom by right-clicking on it and choosing the menu option to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back