LR5 not saving images to back-up location

Status
Not open for further replies.

markw

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Back about a month ago, my primary HD on my Mac was dying. I replaced it with a 2TB HD and used Time Machine to restore all my files. Since then I downloaded some RAW images into Lightroom then received a message that some images could not be copied to the backup location. A window displayed with the files listed.

An Adobe Help article mentioned that permissions for (a) folder may not be set correctly.

Does the inability to have my image files copied to the back-up location have anything to do with replacing my primary HD? Where do I look for where my LR back-up folder is and how do I set LR to work as it did prior to this?

Thanks in advance.

The backup folder is defined in the import dialog. Most likely you simply have to define it again. The system often knows that the original folder and a restored one are not identical.

The backup folder is defined in the import dialog. Most likely you simply have to define it again. The system often knows that the original folder and a restored one are not identical.
Thank you Johan. How do I go about setting the definitions in the import dialogue? When I launch LR and insert a memory card, I do not see a dialog window that asks for or mentions the definitions where to send the file.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back