Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Says:

Catalog containing images processed with PV2003 were adding a post-crop vignette when catalog upgraded to Lightroom 5.

Does anyone know if this is reversed by 5.2, as opposed to just correcting the migration if you went from 4.x to 5.2?

I will say that I can't find any where this was true. I have a lot of older 2003 processed images, and every one I've checked had a 0 for post-crop. And I did convert to LR5 from LR4 with the production version. Perhaps it was erratic? Is it something one should look for, or assume that 5.2 will un-do this?

The bug didn't actually apply a new vignette....it created a false PCV: Paint Overlay at the top of the Develop History for any PV2003 images during the upgrade using LR 5.0. Not a disaster by any means....unless you then happen to click on any of the preceding history steps and watch as all the intervening history steps between your click point and the false PCV entry disappear, and which cannot be recovered even with UNDO.

So what the "Fix" does in LR 5.2 is two things:

It prevents the problem completely with future catalog upgrades, but with already upgraded catalogs containing PV2003 images the "Post-Crop Vignette Style: Paint Overlay" entry will remain in the develop history, but it will no longer cause the loss of intervening history steps when clicking on an preceding step.

Of course, any previously lost history steps (and associated changes) will remain lost.

The bug didn't actually apply a new vignette....it created a false PCV: Paint Overlay at the top of the Develop History for any PV2003 images during the upgrade using LR 5.0. Not a disaster by any means....unless you then happen to click on any of the preceding history steps and watch as all the intervening history steps between your click point and the false PCV entry disappear, and which cannot be recovered even with UNDO.
Oh... now I see it, didn't occur to me to look in the history, I was looking at the current slider position. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back