1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

LR 4 "Preview not available" on Import

Discussion in 'Managing your Photos & Video' started by realspear, Mar 27, 2012.

1. realspear

realspear New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    When I plug in a card with LR 4, the import window will show some of the photos and then the rest say "Preview not available." They do import, but why would I use the import window if I didn't want to do some management before actually importing. This is happening across multiple cameras, multiple card types (SD and CF), and not in LR 3.

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Some people are saying that turning off the secondary window solves it. Do you have the secondary window open?

3. realspear

realspear New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    I don't use a secondary window, so it can't be that.

4. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription