Losing quality in exporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsPhotog

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hello all, I'm new here and I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been touched on or asked. I seem to lose a lot of quality when I export my pictures. They look noticeably more clear than they do in Lightroom compared to the export. I have the quality at 100 and have even tried to export without resizing the image. Any ideas?

In what application are you viewing the exported images? A common problem is that people export images in AdobeRGB or even ProPhotoRGB, and then look at the images in an application that doesn't support color management (color profiles).

So ask yourself the question for what purpose you export the file, and what that means for the color profile. If you export a file for the web, or for printing by an online photo lab, always export in sRGB. If you choose AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB, you will get these problems. Only use these profiles if you know that the next step(s) will be carried out using color-managed applications.

And when you say "more clear" could that be a softening? Some image viewers, particularly built in operating system versions, don't do a great job of downsampling big photos for viewing, making them look softer at 'Fit' view.

hi I'm new here... I am having th same problem and its so frustrating! my pictures are losing so much quality, I cnt print them big etc. even when I only do a small amount of editing in lightroom, they still seem t b losing loads of sharpness and quality after I export them. they go almost half th size..... please please help bc I really lov using lightroom but I cant if it ruins my pics!!

hi I'm new here... I am having th same problem and its so frustrating! my pictures are losing so much quality, I cnt print them big etc. even when I only do a small amount of editing in lightroom, they still seem t b losing loads of sharpness and quality after I export them. they go almost half th size..... please please help bc I really lov using lightroom but I cant if it ruins my pics!!

If they go half the size, then you are resizing them during export. Check the export dialog settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back