• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Loosing some Metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meunier

AL1
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hello,

I have juste realized since I have LR6, that when I do an export on my disc with "all metadata", some of them disapear on the export like Iso or distance. They are visible when on the catalog but no more when exported whatever is the format. Have you got the same problem ? Is there any setting to adjust ?

Thanks.

Hi Meunier, welcome to the forum!

What are you viewing the resulting photos in? Is it always the same data that goes missing?

Hi Victoria, I look with either Aperçu or Nikon ViewNx-i. If I look to the original RAW file (before export) with the same softwares the exif are complete. if I re-import the Jpeg in LR I can read the Iso again ! Yes it seems that it is always at least this two metadata. Thanks for your help. Alan

Hello Victoria, Are you still wondering ? Do you need any files to check ? Should I write to somebody in Adobe? Thanks, looking forward to reading you. Alan.

Hi Meuiner, sorry I missed your post. Yes, feel free to use www.wetransfer.com or Dropbox (or similar) to send a raw and JPEG export to [email protected] and I'll take a look.

I've just compared metadata using Jeffrey Friedl's Image Metadata Viewer and yes, things like Makernotes are missing, which is to be expected because it's data that Nikon keep for themselves. ISO was there in both though, and I'm not sure which distance you were referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back