1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightroom not responding

Discussion in 'Lightroom Installation & Performance' started by kcgrace, Apr 27, 2012.

1. kcgrace

kcgrace New Member

I am having difficulty with Lightroom.It does not repsond when I load many times and especially when I want to inport. I am running 3.6 on a Mac PRo. Any suggestions? I was planning to take a lightroom course starting sunday and this will make it impossible. It will occasionally load when I shut the computer down and load it first.

2. Victoria Bampton

Victoria Bampton Lightroom Queen / Owner Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.12.x Sierra
    Lightroom Version:
    6.7 / CC 2015.7
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Hi kcgrace, welcome to the forum!

There are some initial things you can try for troubleshooting:

1. Make sure you have backups!

2. Restart Lightroom

3. Restart the Computer

4. Delete the Preferences file. Instructions here: http://www.lightroomforums.net/show...(or-Trashing-)-the-Lightroom-Preferences-file

5. Optimize the Catalog Edit menu > Catalog Settings > Relaunch & Optimize and wait for it to tell you it's completed.

6. Create a new catalog to rule out catalog corruption. (Restart Lightroom holding down Ctrl (Windows) or Opt (Mac) and select Create New Catalog.)

7. Import some images into that new catalog to check everything's working as expected.