Lightroom loads when computer is turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonFoto

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom loads/launches when I turn on my computer. And it loads almost all of the time. Sometimes not. How do I correct this ?

There are lots of places where Windows can launch a program at start up.

Lets try the easiest first.

1. Enter Ctrl Alt Del and select Task Manager (This works for Win 10 **)
2. Select the Startup Tab.
3. Scroll down looking for Lightroom.
4. If it exists ......right click and select "Disable".

upload_2016-8-24_18-59-23.png

** There are slight differences between Win 7 and 10 .... if you cannot get to the Start-Up menu option report back and I can provide an option using Msconfig.exe.

This is only one of many places where Windows can be configured to launch a program at start up.

Check your Windows Startup folder and see if a LR shortcut has been placed in it.

Also, if you have the option set to start LR when it detects a card it may start upon Windows startup if you have a card in the reader (it does this on my Mac).

View attachment 8132

** There are slight differences between Win 7 and 10 .... if you cannot get to the Start-Up menu option report back and I can provide an option using Msconfig.exe.

This is only one of many places where Windows can be configured to launch a program at start up.

Just so that you don't get confused: Adobe Creative Cloud must remain enabled! What you are looking for is if there is an entry for Lightroom.

Also, if you have the option set to start LR when it detects a card it may start upon Windows startup if you have a card in the reader (it does this on my Mac).

I think that is indeed the most likely explanation if it doesn't always happen.

View attachment 8132

View attachment 8132

View attachment 8132

I did the msconfig and got the attached image. I can't tell if Lightroom is in this list.
StartupBox.JPG

No sign of Lightroom on this option.

Have you eliminated the card-reader setting suggested by Bob above.

upload_2016-8-24_22-19-33.png

No offence, but could it be that you actually don't shutdown your computer, but instead put it in hibernation mode?
In this case after the "restart" Lightroom would be open or not depending on if it was open when you "switched off" the last time.

But from your msconfig list it looks like you have Photoshop CS5 starting automatically as well, is this also deliberate ?

To access the Startup tab in Windows 7, enter "system configuration" in the start menu search box. No need to use msconfig.exe.

No offence, but could it be that you actually don't shutdown your computer, but instead put it in hibernation mode?
In this case after the "restart" Lightroom would be open or not depending on if it was open when you "switched off" the last time.
Sorry for the delay in responding. No offense taken. I post for help. I've attached a snippet of what I think starts when starting my computer. Looks as though allot is starting that is not necessary ?
Assistance is greatly appreciated. Oh yeah...it is not in hibernation mode.
StartUpConfig.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back