1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightroom Export freezes but does not lock up computer

Discussion in 'Lightroom Troubleshooting (ARCHIVE)' started by Bry, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Bry

Bry New Member

Got a strange one that just started happening. Windows 7, x64, lightroom 2.6. I am trying to export a photo and when I go to the export pulldown, it just freezes up. I can do an export as previous, but that doesn't help. The CPU is not running higher than 5%, RAM is good, using only 1gb of 4gb available, and I can do everything else in lightroom with no issues. I did a re-install and that did not help. The only thing different from the last time I exported was my wife added photos with a new Lumix ZR-1.

2. RikkFlohr

RikkFlohr Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru Adobe Representative

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    If your last export was to a device that is no longer attached (ie. Thumb Drive) or a drive letter has changed, it will sometimes hang LR in Win 7.

3. Bry

Bry New Member

no drive letter changes.

4. Bry

Bry New Member

New catalog, added one photo from the desktop, tried to export and it froze up. No windows updates since the last time this worked. weird.

5. Bry

Bry New Member

oh my, I just figured it out. My HDTV is set up as a second monitor and for some reason, the dialog box kept popping up on the TV instead of the screen I am working on. HELLO!!!!!!

DoH!!!

6. RikkFlohr

RikkFlohr Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru Adobe Representative

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Windows 10
    Lightroom Version:
    6.5 / CC 2015.5
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    I am glad you figured it out. Sometimes Win 7 likes to pop dialog boxes behind windows on a dual monitor set up too. Keep an eye out for that as well.

7. clee01l

clee01l Lightroom Guru Staff Member Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Power User
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    [quote author=Bry link=topic=9286.msg62548#msg62548 date=1267497829]
    oh my, I just figured it out. My HDTV is set up as a second monitor and for some reason, the dialog box kept popping up on the TV instead of the screen I am working on. HELLO!!!!!!

DoH!!!
    [/quote]Yes, this happens and not just with LR. It helps to make sure that your Number 1 Monitor is your main display. Also individual windows remember their last position. The Desktop is referenced with x-y coordinates that extend beyond the edges of the main screen with ',' being the upper left corner. If you have an auxillary monitor that is not always on, make it a habit to drag open windows to the main display before closing.