1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Lense Correction - always on?

Discussion in 'Developing your Photos' started by sapnho, Apr 29, 2012.

1. sapnho

sapnho New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Even though I have already been using LR for a year now, I only discovered the lense correction tool a few days ago. I am quite impressed what it does and have changed my default import settings to apply lense correction for every imported image.

Is there any reason that I may have missed why I shouldn't set it as default?

2. Jim Wilde

Jim Wilde Lightroom Guru Staff Member Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    Performance. In the earlier versions of LR3 (when the lens corrections were introduced) it was generally accepted that it was better to leave the lens correction to the end of your develop process as it could negatively impact on performance. However, later versions of LR3 introduced performance improvements such that it was generally possible to do as you are, i.e. apply lens corrections on import. Just be aware that it can have a performance impact, and if you feel things are a little sluggish try leaving it until the end.

3. sapnho

sapnho New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Thanks Jim!