1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing final LR4.1

Discussion in 'Lightroom Installation & Performance' started by Will Edwards, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Will Edwards

Will Edwards New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    I had LR 3.6 and downloaded & installed the 30 day trial version of 4.0. Next I installed the two updates candidates which installs over the top of the trial version that was installed.
    I have now purchased the upgrade version of LR4 with the license number, but not installed it.
    I plan to continue using the already installed version with the updates until Adobe finalized LR.

Now my question: When the final version is finalized can I just use my serial number on my current installed LR4, or do I uninstall the current LR4, then install from the DVD with serial number and then install the updates again?
    I still have 3.6 installed. I am also concerned about loosing the new catalog from LR4 since it has many more photos added since copying from the 3.6 catalog.

If it matters I use Windows 7 on a laptop.

2. Jim Wilde

Jim Wilde Lightroom Guru Staff Member Moderator Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.6 / CC 2015.6
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    No need to uninstall anything and no need to install 4.0 from your DVD, just download and install the final LR4.1 when it's released. At that point you'll be asked for your serial number, which you'll have with your DVD. Being an upgrade, LR will also want to see your LR3 serial number but if 3.6 is still installed it'll find it automatically. But if you decide to uninstall 3.6 before you install 4.1 final, make sure you have a note of the LR3 serial number.

3. Will Edwards

Will Edwards New Member

Lightroom Experience:
    Beginner
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Thank you, that was what I was hoping I could do.