1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
    Dismiss Notice

Ink skips when printing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by okuma, Jul 12, 2009.

1. okuma

okuma New Member

Primary OS:
    Windows Vista 64-bit
    I have an image I want to print. There are some areas that are burnt out - eye dropper reads 99.7 !
    To insure I don't have any skips or bare spots I plan on painting in a light, pale shade over these areas. What eye dropper reading should I have to get ink on these areas/
    Is there abetter ay to go at this?
    Thanks,

Allan

2. Brad Snyder

Brad Snyder Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Intermediate
    Primary OS:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Allan, how blown out are those spots? Lr can sort of fix that if all 3 channels (RGB) aren't blown out.
    Try this, raise Recovery high, and pull down Exposure to reduce the blow out. Then try to recover the midtones and shadows by jockeying with Brightness and Blacks.

Or you could try the targeted adjustment tool, TAT, (the little bullseye icon) on the Tone Curve, to pull down just that range.

Personally, I would think that painting in some color would be the last resort.

3. sizzlingbadger

sizzlingbadger Lightroom Guru Lightroom Guru

Lightroom Experience:
    Advanced
    Primary OS:
    Mac 10.11.x El Capitan
    Lightroom Version:
    6.4 / CC 2015.4
    Lightroom License:
    CC Subscription
    You may get better results using curves / levels in PS, I see you have CS2....