Importing photos from camera to Lightroom using a Macbook with OS El capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia canoe

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hi Everyone,

I have just updated my operating system on my MacBOOK pro to OS X El Capitan. However, there's a hitch.

Now when I download images from my camera to the macbook they don't automatically go into Lightroom. They go into PHOTOS (the ox x El Capitan thing). I don't know how to change this so they download to Lightroom instead.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

When the memory card is mounted, start Image Capture. Select the card in the left panel. In the lower left corner (you probably need to click on the arrow first) you can set which application will open if the card is detected.

Welcome to the forum.
The default app is set to the new Photos app. You can change this with the Image Capture app which controls the default app.
Open the ImageCapture.app and insert your camera card so that it appears in the left panel as a "device". In the lower left corner of the Image Capture app, you can set the LR app as the one to open when a Camera or camera card is inserted. You will need to do this for each uniquely named volume or device.
LRScreen86.jpg

Importing images onto mac- can't get them to download to lr

Welcome to the forum.
The default app is set to the new Photos app. You can change this with the Image Capture app which controls the default app.
Open the ImageCapture.app and insert your camera card so that it appears in the left panel as a "device". In the lower left corner of the Image Capture app, you can set the LR app as the one to open when a Camera or camera card is inserted. You will need to do this for each uniquely named volume or device.
LRScreen86.jpg

Thanks for this. Much appreciated. However, I go to the little box at the base on the left and Lightroom doesn't appear. Only other apps like iPhoto etc.

One last thing - do I have to launch Image capture each time? In the past they just download automatically to LR. I can't seem to do that without opening IC first?

No, if you have set Lightroom as the application to open, then that is what should happen the next time that you insert the memory card: Lightroom should start up. In the Lightroom preferences you can set that the import dialog should automatically come up when a memory card is detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back