• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Importing ACR presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saif Azarziz

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I've just updated my computer and I want to know how to import ACR presets into Lightroom CC

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure what you mean by ACR presets. Adjustments made in ACR can be saved as an XMP file. This is not the same structure as a LR develop preset. However if you have an XMP sidecar file associated with an image file, it will be applied when you import the image into LR provided the XMP sidecar file and the image file share the same file name.

If you have an older version of LR and are upgrading to LRCC/LR6, your LR presets will be included automatically when you open the older version catalog.

If you can explain in more detail what you mean by ACR presets, we can provide more specific help.

What you could do is the following. Open a raw file in Photoshop/ACR. Apply the preset in ACR and click 'Done'. That will close ACR and save the adjustments in an .xmp file next to the raw file. Import this in Lightroom. Lightroom will apply all the develop settings in the .xmp to the raw you just imported. Now save this as a new preset in Lightroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back